I'm 15 and i feel like I have no one to talk to about the way I'm feeling. I don't have to confidence to tell my mum and even if i did tell her I still don't think talking to her will help as i will even up not telling the whole story. I need to talk to someone who i don't know too well so I can just open up and let everything that i have bottled up for the past few months out. But like i said i don't have the nerve or confidence to tell my mum, i think seeing a therapist or a councillor will really help then when i feel ready i can tell my mum. i live in the UK, so I was wondering if it is possible to see a therapist or a councillor without telling my mum at first?

Comments (1)


By: Ruth Ayres

on: 15.09.16

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us at SelfharmUK, Can I ask how old you are as that will make a difference as to the support you get. You can make an appointment to see your GP alone if you are 16 or over, under that age your GP may want to see you with a parent. Is there anyone at school you can talk to about this? A teacher you trust or a support worker? Your GP will be able to signpost you to counselling but also there is a company called The Mix who help people ask difficult questions. Childline are also available if you need to seek free confidential advice.